Bachelor Information Technology (BIT)
The UCSC (University of Colombo School of Computing) took the initiative to launch the External Degree (BIT) programme leading to the award of Degree of Bachelor of Information Technology (External) – BIT. This is a 3 year external degree, which is awarded by the UCSC.
The UCSC having the most advanced training resources and experience in Sri Lanka in the field of ICT training conducts the Degree of Bachelor of Information Technology (External) programme. The UCSC conducts examinations leading to the first-ever External Degree in IT in Sri Lanka. The University of Colombo will award the degree.
Syllabi and Examination Structure
The duration of the external degree (BIT) programme will be 3 academic years.
1. A Diploma in Information Technology (External) will be awarded on successful completion of course examinations of the first year
2. A Higher Diploma in Information Technology (External) will be awarded to holders of the IT Diploma on successful completion of course examinations of the second year
3. Degree Certificate will be awarded on successful completion of year 1, year 2 and year 3 examinations and fulfillment of other requirements.
1. Three passes in the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in one sitting and a credit pass for Mathematics in the G.C.E. (O/L) examination; OR
2. Three passes in the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in one sitting with one such pass being in one of the following subjects:
- Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Logic &
- Scientific Method, Commerce & Finance, Accountancy, Business Studies, BusinessStatistics, Geography OR
3. Any other academic/professional qualifications deemed equivalent by the Senate of the University of Colombo AND
4. Pass a *selection test, which tests the analytical, quantitative and communication skills AND
5. Age: Not less than 17 years as at 30th of September of the first Year of Registration.
1. Medium – English
2. Duration of the test - 2 hours
3. Type of the test-Multiple choice questions